Sunday 2 March 2014

The City and its beauty.

When I don't feel okay I tend to do weird stuff, a couple weeks ago I felt sort of bad and decided to walk around in Amsterdam at 7 in the morning before school started. Why? I have absolutely no idea, did it work? yeah!
I died at this, isn't it gorgeous?

through the day it's actually hard to walk fast through these streets.

It was so quiet, and so calming. And admit it, Amsterdam looks pretty amazing when it's that empty.

I cleared my head, walking around that early, and seeing the sun come up. And this comes from someone who appreciates her sleep more then anything. So I was a bit in chock of my weird idea, but it made me realize something.

Walking around, all alone is good from time to time. Just walking around, clearing your head. And appreciate the city, or village you live in. It took me two early, quiet mornings to realize how beautiful the city is I live in.

I live in Amsterdam, but this isn't just meant for anyone that lives in Amsterdam, it doesn't matter where you live. Go walk. On your own, or with a close friend. Walk quietly or talk as much as you want. But don't take the usual way, take another one. And look around, put your phone away and really look at everything and everyone around you. You'll be surprised. At least I was! You start noticing things you would've never noticed. It's kind of a meditation.

So when I discovered all this small interesting streets and all these beautiful canals I started looking in a different way to everywhere I went even places like dam square where I walked around daily, and believe it or not, I discovered Amsterdam's beauty all over again. So I made a video to show you pretty Amsterdam, and I liked to see even more and film it so you could enjoy the view with me.







1 comment:

  1. The pictures and video is so beautiful, Amsterdam is such a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete