Saturday 8 March 2014

"No stop dreaming, be realistic."

That's what I always thought. And it made sense back then...

Yeah that is right I don't think like that anymore, and you know why? Because being "realistic" was so boring and it didn't make me happy. And for a long time I thought why can't I just be realistic and happy? Why do I have to be so complicated. But listening to others, and letting others make your future may look save but it is not realistic at all, and honestly? It's the stupidest thing I've ever done. 

Let me tell you a little story:
When I graduated from High School I sort of really started stressing out, it was time for the real deal. I gotta choose a course which will eventually become my future. But I had no clue what I wanted to do, so I decided to play it save and did the course "International Business Studies". And it was my worst decision. I hated it, I hated every little piece of my course. 

Looking back then I realized where I went wrong, I shouldn't have looked at courses that I would see myself find work for later because I need to work for a business. But I should have kept it way more personal and ask myself, what do I enjoy in life? What are things I actually enjoy to do and for me it was simple. I love media and communication. So I started studying it, and it was the best choice I've made. 

Do I regret the year I spend in International Business Studies? No absolutely not, I learned from it, like I learned from every mistake I made. And I am thankful for my mistakes because how else are you supposed to learn stuff?

But what I'm trying to say is:
Do what makes you happy, because that will be something you'll be good at. Because you enjoy doing it! makes sense, right? Even if people don't believe you can achieve whatever you want to achieve.

I mean the people with the biggest succes are the ones who are crazy enough to believe in their dreams. 

Just look for yourself!




I found these on Tumblr and it's so inspirational right? It's crazy how many times these people got turned down, but they kept believing that their idea would be successful. And I'm pretty sure you know what Starbucks is, and you know where and what Disney Land is, and you know who Harry Potter is. These people had some crazy success, because they believed in their own idea more then anyone else, and that's why they eventually became successful! 

So believe in yourself! And go for your dreams.

2 comments: