Thursday 3 April 2014

Storytime; My (stealing?) neighbors

Time for another story because something strange happened last month, and it was another life lesson learned.

Recently I ordered my most  expensive package yet. I ordered an entire photo studio. Knowing I would probably not be home when the package would arrive I hoped my neighbors would accept my package for me. And that is what happened, only not the neighbors I hoped for. Anyways, no problem, right?

Nope. wrong.

I got my letter in the mail I could pick it up at my neighbor their place. So when I got home I ringed the doorbell but no one opened the door. So I figured no one would be home for the moment.

Nope. wrong. again.

The moment I tried ringing the doorbell for the third time and gave up I walked back home. As soon as I was home I heard the door open and close, and yes. Someone left the house. This girl actually waited for me to leave the house and get back in my house so she could leave. And holy shit she was in a hurry. I tried to catch up on her to ask for my package before she left, but she got as fast as possible in the car and left.
This was when I started to get pissed. It was very obvious she waited for me to leave her house so she could leave. But there would be someone home soon and I would ring the bell until someone opened the door and I wouldn't leave until they opened the door.

Nope. wrong. again.

I watched the house the entire night, and no one got home until around 10 pm. By that time I was calmed down though so that was a good thing I guess. I ringed the bell and the son opened the door. I asked for my package but he (of course) had no idea. He let me in and looked around for the package. No package in the house. He called his sister, didn't pick up her phone (of course). He told me he would let her ring my doorbell as soon as she got home. Yeah she would totally do that right?

Nope, and again wrong.

I rang the bell like 20 minutes later to ask him if he could try to call his sister one more time. While I was telling him to call her I could see her sitting on the couch enjoying something on TV with a blanket. It got me pretty mad, but I was going to try to act normal. All I was thinking was PLEASEEEE just give me my package.

But...

They didn't have it (????). That was it my entire day was ruined. I got home and went straight to bed. I was so done.

End of the story, I payed a lot of money to I saved up to freaking lose my package and get nothing. That's what I thought..

And do you feel him coming? Yes, wrong, again.

The day after I called the business that was supposed to send the courier who should have brought my package.

The story he told me was that he knew exactly who he gave it to and would go back today to the house to see if they would give the package to him. But no one was home. He said he had never seen this kind of people in all the years he worked as a courier who would deny they had the package while he was sure he gave it to them.

So I didn't get my package back that was for sure. I decided to call the business where I ordered my studio. They were very surprised too by this story, firstly they tried getting the package back. Which didn't happen of course. At the end they told me they would send me a new package and they would try to get the other one back so it wouldn't be my problem anymore.

I was so thankful, two days later my brand new photo studio arrived. It is way bigger then I expected to be, it doesn't fit in any room to be honest. But I'll fix it, at least I got it!

and this is the package!

And what happened to the other package? God knows..

I really like to give the credits to VidaXL for being this client friendly, they fixed my problem for me like a good business does. I recommend it if you want to order something there! I'm very positive about the business.

Life lesson learned though.
I'm never ordering something expensive again, and if I do, I'll make sure I'll be home when it arrives.
And people can be a struggle to handle, I know I'd rather not meet my neighbors again soon.

Know who to trust and who not to trust, and things like this give me a wake up call about who to trust.


3 comments:

  1. F*cked up neighbours you got next door girl.

    GIVE US A SMALL REVIEW 'BOUT YOUR PHOTO STUDIO! SHOW US WHAT IT IS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I'll give it a small review soon!

      Delete
  2. This is unbelievable! .... So not acceptable at all!

    ReplyDelete