Tuesday 8 April 2014

Do we really need school to succeed?

Obviously the answer is no, well to me it is or isn't it? I have no idea actually. Looking around I see so much successful people who stopped with school before they finished it. Like Deniz who I talked about in my last blogpost. These people inspire me to chase my dreams, but then again what if that's not enough..


this is what happens to my mind every time
 I think too much about it.

This has been something that I've been thinking about for a really long time. My parents are very sure about it that you can't get anywhere without finishing school. And it is a little bit true, you can tell a company you are the best in the entire world, and if they ask you where did you learn everything you can show that you finished school. So you have a sort of proof that you worked for what you're trying to achieve.

But then again I don't think school is that important, what happened with learning from just trying, and just learn in the real world and not in a school, make mistakes and get better from them. And I think schools are getting a little bit over the top with presence of students. I was a while ago at the point of going to school but absolutely hating it, not because I hate school because I don't, but because I was feeling terrible in general. And the duty of going to school and being presence made me feel worse. When people don't feel healthy (mentally and physically) they end up hating school and putting no effort in it. I know because I've been there.

And when I started to think about it I came to the conclusion that I don't get the entire school thing. We get to all learn the same stuff and we get judged on them, even though we all have different quality's. I suck at math for example, but I am okay at reading. Why can't we just focus on the stuff that we are good at, it would make most people so much more confident and successful. I get that everyone has to have math, but everyone has a different level of learning, so I end up confusing myself most of the time this way.

I honestly still don't have an answer to the question..

What do you think? Is school important? Or don't you need school to succeed?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! schools nowadays aren´t how they used to be! I don´t feel like I´m learning anything besides the sewing-lessons. But everywhere you go the want to see your diploma(s). I think that you would learn(and accomplish) more if you start from the very beginning and work your way up. because if diploma's weren't so important it would be about the talent instead of all the paperwork(diploma's)

    ReplyDelete