Sunday 20 April 2014

Opening Forever 21 in Amsterdam.

As you may know, I live in Amsterdam. So the opening of the Forever 21 was something I couldn't miss. I planned to vlog it, but as smart as I am I forgot to charge my vlog camera (oops)! But no worries, I took some picture with my iPhone!

So the plan was to get there a little early so I could look around before everyone was in and started going crazy and look for cute stuff, buy it and leave. But of course that is not what happened.

This is what happened..
I arrived in the line around 7 am in the morning, the store opened at 10. 2 hours to wait, not so bad. At least that's what I hoped for. But Amsterdam never always has surprisingly weird weather, it was SO COLD. I'm not even joking, I was seriously shaking from all the cold, at some point I lost the feeling of my toes, and I was wearing boots by the way. At some point, some girl fainted because of the waiting in the cold and security got her out of the line to take care of her.

This was my place in the line.
There was a lot of security to keep the girls in line and make all the girls go to the end of the line and not get in between some girls that had been waiting for hours. Which honestly I was very happy about, other wise it would've been a mess. Since the first 500 people got a 21 euro's gift card I knew it wouldn't go without any problems

Behind me the line got longer and longer to some point I couldn't even see the end of the line. It was just girls until the horizon.

like this.
Like 30 minutes before the big opening the journalists came to interview girls in line, and we got all a cards we had to fill in and then it was time for the big opening. And we started moving.


To my right there were all the journalists filming and taking pictures of how these girl got all excited about getting in the shop.

These guys.
So I FINALLY got in the shop and received my 21 euro's gift card. 

which looked like this.
In the store a found some friends and decided to stay shopping with the girls, it was fun. I enjoyed myself and the store is huge, just like I expected. But because it was that big it took some time to get through the store, and I could see the lines inside the store getting longer and longer. 



After walking around in the store for 2 hours I decided to go with the small items I picked up and come back later for real clothes shopping. I took the escalator to get downstairs and the first thing I said was holy shit.

How was I supposed to find the line for the checkout..
I got down and took another picture of the store because it looked just as bad downstairs as it did upstairs.


I stood for a little longer then an hour in line to buy my things. While I was standing in line I felt how intense the morning was and started to get tired. I took some pictures and just waited..




While leaving we got a cute bottle of ice tea which was needed! I was so tired, I slept too early yesterday.

So have you visited the brand new Forever 21 in Amsterdam yet? If so what did you buy? And what are your favorite thing from forever 21, I saw the cutest white dress ever, definitely going back to fit the dress!









4 comments:

  1. whoo als ik zie hoeveel mensen er waren ben ik achteraf blij dat ik niet meer gegaan ben.
    Heb nu online aankopen gedaan.
    Maar gaaf dat je er was!

    www.linlicoius-style.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wist niet dat er om 7 uur al een stukje rij stond! Ik ben ook geweest en heb hele toffe schoenen gekocht. :) Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow je was er al om 7 uur? Haha ik ben om 9 uur aankomen lopen :p Maar de winkel was echt zo geweldig! :D lees je ook mijn report om mijn blog? xx


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete