Tuesday 20 May 2014

My letter to Demi Lovato.

A friend of mine is meeting Demi Lovato soon, and as the good friend that she is she asked me to write a letter for Demi if I wanted to.

Demi is someone I look up to more then any other celebrity. She's helped through stuff, how stupid it may sound. She really did. And if I get the opportunity to thank her you won't have to ask me twice.

This will be a very personal letter, but I decided to share it for the entire world on my blog. why? because I know what it's like to feel all alone and I never really felt alone. I always could listen to Demi. And you're not alone either you'll find the one person you can always count on, or you'll find someone to look up, like I look up to Demi.

 So, lets poor down my heart on this piece of internet.

Dear Demi,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Imane. I'm 19 years old and I live in Amsterdam (the city you somehow always miss when you're touring, just saying *hint hint*). I'm one of those girls who you probably met a million of, one of those girls who will tell you meant the world to them. You were the one that helped me get through stuff. And of course every single one of those million girls has her story of how you changed her life.

So here's mine.

I've always loved you, since I discovered you through Camp Rock. You were the girl I wanted to be, you were living the dream, while you were a mess inside. And weirdly enough that's also how I lived.

When you got into rehab I was very proud and supportive, I knew you'd come out stronger then ever. And I couldn't wait for you to get out of rehab. And from the moment you got out of rehab and started talking about your problems I started loving you more and more, and I started talking too. And crying, a lot. I've stopped feeling stuff, and just got rid of all my emotions and I was finally feeling again and allowing myself to feel all those emotions. You are a woman I want my children to know about when I'm older. I'll tell them what you mean to me for sure.

I've had a good good friend named Drake who lived across the world in Miami, Drake was honestly my best friend, he knew how much I loved you. He always made little references to you while we were talking about random things. Drake played piano, and one morning he surprised me by playing for the love of a daughter for me. And that is what I always listened to for almost a year. Drake past away because of cancer over a year ago. When he passed away and Nightingale came out you had touched me like never before. I cried my eyes out while listening to the song, I know it means a lot to you too. You opened up so much to your fans and made yourself so vulnerable. And to me that song means the world too, it gave me rest. After crying everything out and trying to get over it mostly I understood the beauty of the song. And I understood why you were so open, to tell me and another million girls that it's okay to feel the things you feel and it's okay to talk about your feelings.

When I hear nightingale it now, it makes me smile.

I probably missed out a million other things I wanted to tell you, but when you get to write a letter to the one person you owe your life to you sort of forget everything that ever happened to you and you just sit there behind your computer thinking about what I want you to read.

You've been there for me when I felt like I've had no one to turn to, and you're also the one that always makes me happy. And on my happy moments I go crazy on your happy songs. You make my mood Demi Lovato. You made me dream, you made me believe, you made me happy.

Every morning I start my day with reading your book. It's the best way to start my day. It's like meditation.

You're the best thing that ever happened to me, thank you for being such a role model. And for being the awkward quirky amazing person you are.

I love you with all my heart,


Imane,
some girl just like all the others. Who looks up to you. Who loves you. Who are proud of you.




3 comments:

  1. wauw wat een onwijs mooie brief, geweldig <3 En wat gaaf dat een vriendin van jou haar gaat ontmoeten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat tof dat een vriendin van jou haar gaat ontmoeten en wat een lieve brief heb je geschreven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie lieve brief heb je geschreven! X

    ReplyDelete